Sunday, September 02, 2007

Happy Birthday, Tiger-r-r!






Today we had a fun family gathering. We celebrated Ben's birthday, along with a couple of his cousins', with the whole Decker side of the family. Although he was in and out of the house while I was decorating his cake, he avoided seeing what I was doing because he wanted it to be a surprise. I guess the unveiling is an important part of the tradition. He was very pleased with his tiger!

When his cousin Kyle heard that Ben's birthday is the first day of school, he thought it was a shame. Ben, on the other hand, thinks it is going to be one giant party, and he can hardly wait. I hope that after it's all said and done, his teacher will share his enthusiasm!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute cake, Tracy!

Did you feel as cheated as I did, having an August birthday and not being able to celebrate at school?

Shelley

Tracy P. said...

Thanks, Shelley! Yes, you know, especially in college. We always had really fun parties for everyone at school, but I never got mine. I always said I was changing my birthday to my half birthday...and when I taught, that's what we always did for the summer birthday kids.